New York University, B.A., pre-medical
State University of New York (Downstate), M.D.
University of Colorado (Denver), Ph.D. Microbiology/Immunology; thesis advisor, David W Talmage.
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Weizmann Institute of Science, with Michael Sela;
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Rockefeller University with Gerald M Edelman.
|Weltman, Joel K A Bioinformatic Glimpse of Human-Origin Zika Virus Polyprotein. Journal of Medical Microbiology & Diagnosis/J Med Microb Diagn. 2017; 06 (04)|
|Weltman, Joel K Exclusive and Common Subsets of Zika Virus Polyprotein Mutants. Journal of Medical Microbiology & Diagnosis/J Med Microb Diagn. 2017; 06 (02)|
|Weltman, Joel K A Multifactorial Analysis of Ebola Virus Glycoprotein Receptor Binding Domain. J Med Microb Diagn. 2016; 05 (01)|
|Weltman, Joel K An Immuno-Bioinformatic Analysis of Zika virus (ZIKV) Envelope E Protein. J Med Microb Diagn 5: 228.. 2016; 5 : 228-229.|
|Weltman, Joel K Sets and Subsets of Mutating Amino Acids in Zika Virus Polyprotein. J Med Microb Diagn. 2016; 05 (04)|
|Weltman, Joel K Information Entropy and Protein Secondary Structure in the ZEBOV-Makona Ebola Virus Glycoprotein; 2015, 6: 207 doi: 10.4172/2157-7420.1000207. J Health Med Informat. 2015; 6 : 207-209.|
|Weltman, Joel K Mapping Zaire Ebola Virus Glycoprotein Organization onto Information Entropy. J Med Microb Diagn. 2015; 4 : 180-181.|
|Weltman, Joel K Weltman, JK (2015) Mutual Information-Based Cliques of Amino Acids in the Zaire Ebola Virus-Makona Glycoprotein In Proceedings of the 2nd Int. Electron. Conf. Entropy Appl., 15 - 30 November 2015; Sciforum Electronic Conference Series, Vol. 2, 2015.. Proceedings of the 2nd Int. Electron. Conf. Entropy Appl. 2015;|
|Weltman, Joel Kenneth Identification of Invariant Peptide Domains within Ebola Virus Glycoprotein GP1, 2; in the press.. J Med Microb Diagn. 2014; 4 (01) : 176-178.|
(1) Principal Investigator (1966-1969) NIH AI-07754 $93,700; Fluorescence Polarization Analysis of Immunoglobulins.
(2) Co-principal Investigator (1970-1973) NIH AM-13438 (RM Dowben, Principal Investigator) $162,000; Fluorescence Studies of Contractile Proteins.
(3) Principal Investigator (1974-1976) NCI-15261; $130,000; Galactosidase-Immunoassays for CEA.
(4) Principal Investigator (1979-1981) Edna McConnell Clark Foundation Research Grant No. 279-0112; $80,173; Galactosidase-Immunoassays for Schistosomiasis.
(5) Principal Investigator (1981-1982) RI Foundation, the Phebe Parker Fund; Project No. 7755; $4,500; Non-histone Chromosomal Proteins of Human Peripheral Lymphocytes.
(6) Principal Investigator (1996-1997) Antisense Inhibition of Allergic Inflammation; $5,000; Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America/New England Chapter.
(7) Principal Investigator (1997-1998) Antisense Inhibition of Allergic Inflammation; $5,000; Francis H. Chafee/Brown University Allergy Research Fund.
(1) Principal Investigator (1996-1997) A 12-Week Randomized, Double Blind, Positive Control Cross-Over Study of Albuterol, Ipratropium and the Combination, as an Inhalation Solution in Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease; Dey Laboratories, Napa Valley, CA (DL-024).
(2) Principal Investigator (1996-1997) Evaluation of the Efficacy and Safety of Alferon-N (interferon alpha-n3) Injection as Compared to a Placebo Control in the Treatment of HIV-Positive Subjects; Interferon Sciences, Inc., New Brunswick, NJ (IFN-9501).
(3) Principal Investigator (1997-1998) Alferon-N (interferon alpha-n3) Injection Treatment of HIV: Continuation Study; Interferon Sciences, Inc., New Brunswick, NJ (IFN-9504).
(4) Principal Investigator (1997-1998) A Double Blind Placebo-Controlled Pilot Study of Nefazodone in the Treatment of Fibromyalgia; Bristol-Myers Squibb, Princeton, NJ (CN104-137-011).
(5) Principal Investigator (1998) A Multicenter, Multinational, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Phase III Study of Oral Naloxone for the Treatment of Opioid-Induced Constipation in Patients with Chronic Non-malignant or Malignant Pain; Roxane Laboratories, Inc. (NAL-0397).
(6) Sub-Investigator (2000) Phase II Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel Group Study of the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of Six Weeks Treatment by Oral Dosing with CJ-13,610 in Adults with COPD; Pfizer (A2531002).
(7) Sub-Investigator (2000-2001) Double-Blind, Placebo Controlled, Parallel Group Comparison of the Efficacy and Safety of Propiram, Tramadol (Ultram) and Placebo with an Open Label Extension in the Treatment of Pain Associated with Osteoarthritis of the Knee and/or Hip. Roberts Laboratories, Inc (SCIREX Corp 22,163-302R1).
(8) Sub-Investigator (2000-2001) A Multi-centre, Multinational, Double-blind, Double-dummy, Placebo-controlled, Group Comparative Study to Investigate the Effects of AR-C68397AA via pMDI Compared with Salmeterol in Adult Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.(AstraZeneca, SC-397-5163).
(9) Sub-Investigator (2001-2003) A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel Group, Fixed Dose, Multicenter Study of Weight-Reducing Effect and Prevention of Weight Regain in Obese Patients With or Without Co-morbidities. Sanofi-Synthelabo.
(10) Sub-Investigator (2002-2004) A Randomized, Double-blind, Multi-center Study to Evaluate the Tolerability and Effectiveness of Etoricoxib 90 mg qd vs Diclofenac 50 mg tid in Patients with Osteoarthritis. Merck & Co, Inc. Protocol No. 061/COX523.
M.A., ad eundum, Brown University, 1972
Distinguished Teacher Award, Brown University School of Medicine, 2000, 2006.
Emeritus Award, Alpert/Brown University School of Medicine, 2006.
Department of Medicine, Alpert School of Medicine, Brown University