RESEARCHERS@BROWN: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- I don't have a profile. How do I get one?
Contact the appropriate faculty affairs office:
- How do I edit my profile?
- Can I assign a deputy to edit my profile?
Yes, you can assign one or more deputies to edit your profile.
- Log in by clicking the "Manage Your Profile" link on the top right of any page.
- Click on "Settings" on the left hand menu.
- In the box under "Deputy Editors" begin to type a last name.
- As you type, the system will search the Brown directory so that you can select the appropriate name.
- What are the sources for profile information?
Your name comes from Workday via the Faculty Information System (FIS). Your title, position, degrees, and department come from FIS. Your recent courses taught come from Banner. All other data comes from your profile in the now obsolete Directory of Researcher and Researchers at Brown (DRR-B). For a detailed list of content see: https://vivo.brown.edu/about/#what
- How do I change my name, title, position, or degrees?
- To change the name that displays on your profile, go to Workday → Personal data → Preferred Name. Make sure to uncheck the box that says "Use Legal Name As Preferred Name."
- If there are errors in your title, position, degrees, or department contact the appropriate faculty affairs office:
- Dean of the Faculty: email Edward_Goll@brown.edu
- Division of Biology and Medicine: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Public Health: email Pamela_Colardo@brown.edu
- Your changes will go into effect in Researchers@Brown within a few days.
- Which courses are listed?
Researchers@Brown lists the courses for which you were the instructor in the last three years. If you don't see a course that you taught, contact your department administrator to confirm that you are listed as an instructor.
- What is the relation of Researchers@Brown to the Directory of Research and Researchers at Brown?
Researchers@Brown contains most of the information that was entered in the DRR-B. Researchers@Brown supersedes the DRR-B.
- I'm editing my profile but the changes don't stick.
There is a problem with saving edits in Internet Explorer 8. Firefox, Chrome, and more recent versions of Internet Explorer work fine.
The edits you make in your Researchers@Brown profile are immediately saved and available in the editing interface -- however, there may be a slight delay before they appear in the public profile.
- How can I get my publications automatically harvested for approval?
Initially publications were harvested for BioMed faculty for whom a CV was provided. If you have no pending publications but wish to have publications harvested in the future:
- Add at least one article by entering a PMID in the "Add publication by DOI or PMID" section
- Your publications will be included in the next harvest
- Harvesting is done every Sunday night
- I've recently published a book. How do I get it added to the book jackets featured on http://vivo.brown.edu?
Email the book title to Researchers@brown.edu.