I was born and raised in London, England, completing my undergraduate studies at Oxford University. After this, I moved to Israel, where I undertook my graduate studies in Jewish History, focusing on early modern Polish-Lithuanian Jewry, at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. In 1995, I took up a post in the Dept. of Jewish History at the University of Haifa in Israel, where I stayed until 2010, when I moved to Brown.
|Teller, Adam Kith, Kin, and Neighbors: Communities and Confessions in Seventeenth-Century Wilno . By David Frick . Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press, 2013. Pp. xxvi+529. $69.95 (cloth).. Journal of Modern History, The. 2015; 87 (2) : 477-479.|
|Teller, Adam Culture and Money: The Economic Dimension of Cultural History and What It Can Teach Us. Jewish Quarterly Review. 2014; 104 (2) : 278-287.|
|Teller, Adam Revisiting Baron's “Lachrymose Conception”: The Meanings of Violence in Jewish History. AJS Review. 2014; 38 (02) : 431-439.|
|Teller, Adam Tradition and Crisis? Eighteenth-Century Critiques of the Polish-Lithuanian Rabbinate. Jewish Social Studies. 2011; 17 (3) : 1-39.|
|Teller, Adam Seeing with Both Eyes: Ephraim Luntshitz and the Polish‐Jewish Renaissance. East European Jewish Affairs. 2010; 40 (1) : 93-95.|
|Teller, Adam Hasidism and the Challenge of Geography: The Polish Background to the Spread of the Hasidic Movement. AJS Review. 2006; 30 (01) : 1-29.|
- The Jewish Quarter of Poznań and its Population in the First Half of the 17th Century (Hebrew), Magnes Press: The Hebrew University of Jerusalem 2003. 134pp.
- Money, Power, and Influence in 18th Century Lithuania: The Jews on the Radziwiłł Estates, Stanford University Press, 310pp. (revised and updated English version of Hebrew original published by Merkaz Zalman Shazar, Jerusalem 2005)
- Captives, Slaves, and Refugees in the Seventeenth Century: Polish Jews and the Making of the Jewish World, Princeton University Press
- Guide to the Sources for the History of the Jews in Poland in the Central Archives, The Central Archives for the History of the Jewish People, Jerusalem 1988. 98pp.
- Studies on the History of the Jews in Old Poland: Scripta Hierosolomitana 38, Magnes Press: The Hebrew University of Jerusalem 1998. 332pp.
- The YIVO Encyclopedia of the Jews of Eastern Europe, I-II, New Haven 2008 (Editor-in-Chief, Gershon D. Hundert)
Editor of two sections: Poland-Lithuania, 1000-1795; Economic History
- Borders and Boundaries in the History of the Jews in Old Poland, Polin vol. 22, edited with Magdalena Teter, The Littman Library of Jewish Civilization: Oxford-Portland 2010
- Purchasing Power: The Economics of Modern Jewish History, edited with Rebecca Kobrin, The University of Pennsylvania Press, 355pp.
|HIST 1964L - Slavery in the Early Modern World|
|HIST 1965Q - Anti-Semitism, Anti-Judaism, Anti-Zionism: Historical Connections and Disconnections|
|HIST 1974M - Early Modern Globalization|
|JUDS 0050M - Difficult Relations? Judaism and Christianity from the Middle Ages until the Present|
|JUDS 0902 - History of the Holocaust|