Expertise/Certifications: Clinical Pathology, Molecular Diagnostics, Molecular Pathology
Office number: 606-4467
Lab number: 444-8288
Dr. Jackson is Associate Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and of Medicine at Warren Alpert School of Medicine at Brown University, and is the Director of the Clinical Molecular Biology Laboratory for Lifespan Academic Medical Center. Dr. Jackson obtained her A.B.in Biochemistry from Barnard College, Columbia University, and received her Ph.D. from the University of Illinois, Urbana, IL. In addition she conducted post-doctoral research at Harvard Medical School, and at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. She is a board-certified Clinical Consultant in Molecular Diagnostics by the American Board of Bioanalysis, and has expertise in laboratory diagnosis of disease using molecular diagnostic approaches, and is actively involved in research in molecular diagnosis.
Prior academic appointments:
Guest Faculty, University of Rhode Island, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey - School of Health Related Professions
33. DePaepe ME, Mao Q, Huang C, Zhu D, Jackson CL and Hansen K. (2002) Postmortem RNA and Protein Stability in perinatal human lungs. Diagnostic Molecular Pathology 11(3): 170-176.
32. Prakash P, Manfredi TG, Jackson CL and Gerber LE. (2002). Beta-carotene alters the morphology of NCI-H69 small cell lung cancer cells. Journal of Nutrition 132: 121-124.
30. Prakash P, Manfredi TG, Jackson CL and Gerber LE. (2001) Effect of -carotene on the morphology of NCI-H69 small cell lung cancer cells. Journal of Nutrition (in press)
28. Mills DR and Jackson CL. (2001) Assignment of p22 dynactin light chain (DCTN3) to human chromosome region 9p13 by radiation hybrid mapping. Cytogenet. and Cell Genetics 92: 166
29. Eisenberg I, Hochner H, Shemesh M, Levi T., Poticha T, Sadeh M, Argov Z, Jackson CL, and Mitrani-Rosenbaum S. (2001) Physical and transcriptional map of the hereditary inclusion body myopathy locus on chromosome 9p12-p13. European Journal of Human Genetics 9: 501-509.
27. Bearer E, Chen AH, Chen AF, Li Z, Smith RJ, Mark HFL and Jackson CL. (2000) 2E4/Kaptin, a candidate gene for the deafness locus, DFNA4. Annals of Human Genetics 64: 189-196.
25. Povey S, Campbell L, Chadwick B, Jackson CL, Ozelius L and Slaugenhaupt S. (1999). Summary of the 6th Annual Chromosome 9 Workshop. Annuals of Human Genetics 63, 101-107.
24. Prakash P, Jackson CL, and Gerber LE (1999). Subcellular accumulation of beta-carotene and retinoids in growth-inhibited HCI-H69 small cell lung cancer cells. Nutrition and Cancer 34(1)-76-82.
23. Eisenberg I, Thiel C, Levi T, Tiram E, Argov Z, Sadeh M, Jackson CL, Thierfelder L and Mitrani-Rosenbaum. (1999). Fine structure mapping of the hereditary inclusion body myopathy locus. Genomics 55, 43-48.
26. Luo M, Shang, Simkevich CP, Jackson CL, King TC and Rosmarin AG. (1999). Characterization and localization to chromosome 7 of hGABP (GABPAP), a human processed pseudogene related to the ets transcription factor, hGABP (GABPA). Gene 234(1): 119-126.
21. Takezawa, K., Jackson, C., Gnepp, D and King, T. (1998) Molecular characterization of Warthin's tumor. Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology and Endodontics 85: 569-575.
22. Klinger JR, Siddiq FM, Swift RA, Jackson CL, Pietras L, Warburton RR and Hill NS (1998). C-type natriuretic peptide expression and pulmonary vasodilation in hypoxia - adapted rats. American Journal of Physiology 275; (Lung Cell Mol Physiology 19; 645-652, 1998).
20. Henley, J.D., Geary, W.A., Jackson, C.L., Wu, C.D. and Gnepp, D. (1997). Dedifferentiated acinic cell carcinoma: A report of a case and review of the literature. Human Pathology 28:869-873.
19. Jackson, C.L. (1997). Unit 3.2 construction of somatic cell hybrids. In Current Protocols in Human Genetics, Edited by N. Dracopoli, J. Haines, B. Korf, D. Moir, C. Morton, C. Seidman, J.G., Seidman and D. Smith, J. Wiley & Songs, NY.
17. Miranda, R.N., Glantz, L.K., Myint, M.A., Levy, N., Jackson, C.L., Glantz, M.J., Medeiros, L.J. (1996). Stage IE Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma involving the dura: A clinicopathologic study of five patients. Arch Pathol Lab Med 120:254-260.
16. Wu, C.D., Jackson, C.L. and Medeiros, L.J. (1996). Splenic marginal zone cell lymphoma: An immunophenotypic and molecular study of six cases. American Journal of Clinical Pathology 105:277-285.
18. Chiang, P-.W., Fogel, E.D., Jackson, C.L., Lieuallen, K., Lennon, G., Qu, X., Wang, S-.Q., Kurnit, D.M. (1996). Isolation, sequencing and mapping the human homologue of the yeast transcription factor, SPT5. Genomics 38:421-424.
15. Chozick, B.S., Weicker M.E., Jackson, C.L., Finkelstein, S.D., Ambler, M.W., Epstein, M.H. and Finch, P.W. (1994). Pattern of Mutant p53 Expression in Human Astrocytomas Suggests the Existence of Alternate Pathways of Tumorigenesis. Cancer 73:406-415.
13. Donaldson, D.H., Britt, D.E., Jones, C., Jackson, C.L. and Patterson, D. (1993). Localization of the Gene for the Cilicary Neurotrophic Factor Receptor (CNTFR) to Human Chromosome 9. Genomics 17: 782-784..
12. Galligan, L.J., Jackson, C.L., and Gerber, L.E. (1993). Carotenoids Slow the Growth of Small Cell Lung Cancer Cells. Annals of New York Academy of Science 691:267-269.
14. Gafvels, M.E., Caird, M., Britt, D., Jackson, C.L., Patterson, D. and Strauss III, J.F. (1993). Cloning of a cDNA encoding a putative human very low density lipoprotein/apolipoprotein E receptor and assignment of the gene to chromosome 9pter-p23. Somatic Cell Mol. Genet. 19:557-569.
11. Mark, H.F.L., Santoro, K.G., and Jackson, C.L. (1992). Characterization of Chromosomes 9 and 19 Somatic Cell and Radiation Hybrids: A Comparison of Approaches. Applied Cytogenetics 18(5): 149-156.
10. Graw, S.L., Buckler, A.J., Britt, D.E., Jackson, C.L., Taruscio, D., Baldini, A., Menninger, J., Ward, D., and Housman, D.E. (1992). Generation and Characterization of a Human Chromosome 9 Cosmid Library. Somatic Cell and Molecular Genetics 18: 269-284.
9. Jackson, C.L., Britt, D.E., Graw, S.L., Potts, A., Santoro, K., Buckler, A.J., Housman, D.E., and Mark, H.F.L. (1992). Construction and Characterization of Radiation Hybrids for Chromosome 9, and their use in Mapping Cosmid Probes on the Chromosome. Somatic Cell and Molecular Genetics 18: 285-301.
8. Warburton, D., Gersen, S., Yu, M-T., Jackson, C.L., Handelin, B., and Housman, D.E. (1990). Monochromosomal Rodent Human Hybrids From Microcell Fusion of Human Lymphoblastoid Cells Containing an Inserted Dominant Selectable Marker. Genomics 6: 358-366.
7. Harley, H., Brook, D., Jackson, C.L., Glaser, T., Kent, R., Shaw, D., Harper, P., and Housman, D. (1988). The Localization of a Human Na K ATPase alpha Subunit Gene to Chromosome 19q12-19q13.2 and Linkage to the Myotonic Dystrophy Locus. Genomics 3: 380-384.
6. Das, H.K., Jackson, C.L., Miller, D., Leff, J., and Breslow, J.L. (1987). Characterization of the Human Apolipoprotein CII Gene: Demonstration of a Novel Chromosome 19 Specific Minisatellite in its Third Intron. J. Biol. Chem. 262: 4787-4793.
5. Jackson, C.L., Bruns, G.A.P., and Breslow, J.L. (1986). Isolation of cDNA and Genomic Clones for Apolipoprotein CII. Methods in Enzymology 128: 788-800.
4. Jackson, C.L., and Shapiro, D.J. (1986). Dexamethasone and Estrogen Regulate Xenopus Laevis Albumin mRNA Levels. BBRC 136: 8-15.
3. Zannis, V.I., Cole, F.S., Jackson, C.L., Kurnit, D.M., and Karathanasis, S.K. (1985). Distribution of Apolipoprotein A-1, CII, CIII and E mRNA in Fetal Human Tissues. Time Dependent Induction of Apolipoprotein E mRNA by Cultures of Human Monocytes-Macrophages. Biochemistry 24: 4450-4455.
2. Jackson, C.L., Bruns, G.A.P., and Breslow, J.L. (1984). Isolation and Sequence of a Human Apolipoprotein CII cDNA Clone and its Use to Isolate and Map to Chromosome 19 the Gene for Apolipoprotein CII. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 81: 2945-2949.
1. Jacobson, B.M., Gerhard, D.S., Jackson, C.L., and Smallwood, J. (1980). Mechanism of Decomposition of the Ene Adducts of Some 1,3- Cyclohexadiene to Benzene or Tetralin and Dihydroenophile. J. Org. Chemistry 45: 3344-3347.
31. Terek RM, Lin C, Mak S, Meitner P, Jackson CL, Grunstein I and Block JA. Cloning and chromosomal localization of IK and IKP, a human chondrosarcoma associated gene. (manuscript submitted)
|Postdoctoral Research Fellow||Massachusetts Institute of Technology, cancer research||1984-1988||Cambridge, MA|
|Postdoctoral Research Fellow||Harvard Medical School, Children's Hospital Medical Center||1983-1984||Boston, MA|
|Certification||American Board of Bioanalysis, High complexity lab director||2004-|
|Certification||Clinical laboratory scientist||1996-|
|BIOL 1870 - Techniques and Clinical Applications in Pathobiology|