- History and Evolution of Korean Programs in U.S. Colleges and Universities (ed.) (forthcoming from the Korea University Press)
- Frog’s Tears and Other Stories: Readings in Korean Culture. 2009. Boston: Cheng & Tsui. (304 pp, ISBN: 978-0-88727-631-6)
- Generation Gap and Other Essays: Readings in Korean Culture. 2008. Boston: Cheng & Tsui. (358 pp, ISBN: 978-0-88727-536-4)
- Integrated Korean: High Advanced I (co-authored with H. Lee & S. Cho). 2005. Honolulu: The University of Hawaii Press. (265 pp, ISBN: 0-8248-2569-1)
- Integrated Korean: High Advanced II (co-authored with H. Lee & S. Cho). 2005. Honolulu: The University of Hawaii Press. (281 pp, ISBN: 0-8248-2580-2)
- The Role of Gender in Interactional Learner Communication Strategies. 1996. Seoul: Hanshin Publishing Co.
b. Refereed Journal Edited as Editor-in-Chief
- Korean Language in America: Journal of the American Association of Teachers of Korean, Vol. 10-17 (2005-2012). American Association of Teachers of Korean.
c. Articles (since 2011)
- "Bi-racial Koreans and Their Approaches to Korean Language Learning" 2014 (with C. Liu). Teaching Korean as a Froreign Language, Vol. 40, 171-206.
- “Korean Language Teachers in Higher Education: Profile, Status and More” 2014. Journal of Less Commonly Taught Languages, Vol. 17.
- “Trends and Issues in Korean Language and Culture Education Research: A Comparative Study” in S. Sohn, S. Cho & S. You (eds.) 2013. Studies in Korean Linguistics and Language Pedagogy: Festschrift for Ho-min Sohn, Seoul: Korea University Press.
- “Culture in the Textbook, Culture in the Classroom, Culture in the Korean Language Curriculum” in A. Byon & D. Pyun (eds.) 2012. Teaching and Learning Korean as a Foreign Language. Columbus, OH: Ohio State University Press.
- “A Proposal for Advanced Level Korean Curriculum,” Korean Language in America, Vol. 17, Special Issue, 2012, 109-127.
- “Language, Culture, and Film: An Integration Model for Korean Language and Culture Education” 2012. Proceedings of the 7th International Conference of Korean Language and Culture Education Society, 351-357. (in Korean)
<Refereed Online publication>
- LangNet Online Learning Materials in Korean (co-authored), 2004-2005. www.LangNet.org. National Foreign Language Center, University of Maryland