4. Teno JM, Gozalo PL, Mitchell SL, et al. Does Feeding Tube Insertion and Its Timing Improve Survival? J Am Geriatr Soc. Sep 24 2012.
3. Teno JM, Gozalo PL, Lee IC, et al. Does hospice improve quality of care for persons dying from dementia? Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. Aug 2011;59(8):1531-1536.
1. Teno JM, Gozalo P, Mitchell SL, Bynum JP, Dosa D, Mor V. Terminal hospitalizations of nursing home residents: does facility increasing the rate of do not resuscitate orders reduce them? Journal of pain and symptom management. Jun 2011;41(6):1040-1047.
7. Teno JM, Connor SR. Referring a patient and family to high-quality palliative care at the close of life: "We met a new personality... with this level of compassion and empathy". JAMA. Feb 11 2009;301(6):651-659.
6. Welch LC, Teno JM, Mor V. End-of-life care in black and white: race matters for medical care of dying patients and their families. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2005 Jul 2005;53(7):1145-1153.
5. Teno JM, Kabumoto G, Wetle T, Roy J, Mor V. Daily pain that was excruciating at some time in the previous week: prevalence, characteristics, and outcomes in nursing home residents. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2004 May 2004;52(5):762-767.
8. Teno JM, Fisher ES, Mor V, Roy J, Clarridge B, Wennberg JE. Dying in HSA with higher ICU utilization: is more better? J Am Geriatr Soc. April 2003 2003;51(S4):S39-40.
9. Teno JM, Weitzen S, Wetle T, Mor V. Persistent pain in nursing home residents. JAMA. 2001 Apr 25 2001;285(16):2081.
2. Teno JM, Gozalo PL, Bynum JP, et al. Change in end-of-life care for Medicare beneficiaries: site of death, place of care, and health care transitions in 2000, 2005, and 2009. JAMA. Feb 6 2013;309(5):470-477.