42. Lavin DM, Harrison, R. MW, Tee LY, Wei KA, Mathiowitz E..,Multifunctional polymeric microfibers with prolonged drug delivery and structural support capabilities.J Biomed Mater Res A. 2012 May 24.
41. Lavin DM, Harrison MW, Tee LY, Wei KA, Mathiowitz E.,A novel wet extrusion technique to fabricate self-assembled microfiber scaffolds for controlled drug delivery., J Biomed Mater Res A. 2012 May 24
43. Lavin DM, Hopkins, E. Mathiowitz," Effects of protein molecular weight on the intrinsic material properties and release kinetics of wet spun polymeric microfiber delivery" Acta Biomaterialia, ACTBIO2333, S1742-7061(12)00372-8, 10.1016/j.actbio.2012.08.00
39. Laulicht, B., Nicholas J Gidmark, Anubhav Tripathi, and Edith Mathiowitz., Understanding gastric forces calculated from high-resolution pill tracking. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 2010. 107(18): p. 8201-6.
40. Bryan Laulicht, Nicholas J Gidmark, Anubhav Tripathi, and Edith Mathiowitz., Localization of magnetic pill. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 2010
38. Laulicht, B., et al., Are in vivo gastric bioadhesive forces accurately reflected by in vitro experiments? J Control Release, 2009. 134(2): p. 103-10.
36. Jacklenec A, Hinkfuss A, Bilgen B, Ciombor DM, Aaron R, Mathiowitz E. Sequential release of bioactive IGF-I and TGF-beta(1) from PLGA microsphere-based scaffolds. Biomaterials 2008; (10): 1518-25.
34. Furtado S, Abramson D, Burrill R, Olivier G, Gourd C, Bubbers E, Mathiowitz, E. Oral delivery of insulin loaded poly(fumaric-co-sebacic) anhydride microspheres. Int J Pharm. 2008;347(1-2):149-55.
37. Laulicht B, Cheifetz P, Mathiowitz E, Tripathi A. Evaluation of continuous flow nanosphere formation by controlled microfluidic transport. Langmuir. 2008 Sep 2;24(17):9717-26. 2008 Aug 6.
33. Morello AP, 3rd, Forbes N, Mathiowitz E. Investigating the effects of surfactants on the size and hydrolytic stability of poly(adipic anhydride) particles. J Microencapsul 2007;24:40-56.
35. Stacia Furtado, Danielle Abramson, Liat Simhkay, Daniel Wobbekind, Edith Mathiowitz, Subcutaneous delivery of insulin loaded poly(fumaric-co-sebacic anhydride) microspheres to type 1 diabetic rats European Journal of Pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutics, Volume 62 , June 2006, Pages 229–236
32. N.A. Rahman, E. Mathiowitz. Localization of bovine serum albumin in double-walled microspheres. Journal of controlled release. 94,163-175, 2004.
31. CG Thanos, K-P. Yip, and E. Mathiowitz Intestinal Uptake of Polymeric Microspheres In The Rabbit Studies With Confocal Microscopy. Journal of Bioactive and Compatible Polymers, Vol. 19, July 2004: 247-266.
29. CG C Thanos, Z Liu, J Reineke, E Edwards and E Mathiowitz, Improving Relative Bioavailability of Dicumarol by Reducing Particle Size and Adding the Adhesive Poly (Fumaricˆco-Sebacic) Anhydride. Pharmaceutical Research. Volume 20, Number 7, July 2003; 1093-1100.
30. C Thanos, Z Liu, M Goddard, J Reineke, N Bailey, M Cross, R Burrill and E Mathiowitz, Enhancing the Oral Bioavailability of the Poorly Soluble Drug Dicumarol with a Bioadhesive Polymer. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Volume 92, Issue 8, May 2003; 1677-89.
28. M. Sandor, S Mehta, J Harris, C Thanos, J Marshall, P Weston "Transfection of HEK Cells via DNA-leaded PLGA and P(FASA)" J Drug Targeting, 10, 497-506, 2002.
27. M. Sandor, J Harris, E Mathiowitz, "A Novel Polyethylene Depot Device for the Study of PLGA Microspheres in Vitro and in Vivo" Biomaterials, 23,4413-4423, 2002.
26. NA Bailey, M Sandor, M Kreitz, E Mathiowitz, "Comparison of the Enthalpic Relaxation of Poly(Lactide-Co-Glycolide) 50:50 Nanospheres and Raw Polymer" J Applied Polymer Science, 86,1868-1872, 2002.
25. M.Sandor, NA Bailey, E Mathiowitz "Characterization of polyanhydride microsphere degradation by DSC," Polymers, 43/2, pp279-288, 2001
24. C.Santos, B.Freedman, K.Leach, D.Press, M.Scarpulla, E.Mathiowitz, "Polytumaric-co-sebacic anhydride:A Degradation Study as Evaluated by FTIR, DSC, GPC, and X-ray Diffraction". Journal of Controlled Release, 60 (1), 11-22, 1999
23. N.Egilmez, Y.Jong, J.Jacobs, C.Santos, E.Mathiowitz, Y.Iwanuma, R.Bankert, "Cytokine immunotherapy of cancer with controlled release biodegradable microspheres in a human tumor xenograft/SCID mouse model, Cancer Immunology Immunotherapy, 1998 Mar; 46(1):21-4.
22. W. Webber, F. Lago, and E. Mathiowitz, "Characterization of Soluble Salt Loaded Degradable PLA/PG Films and Their Release of Tetracycline," Biomedical Materials Research, 41, 18-29, 1998
20. Y. Jong, J. Jacob, K. Yip, G. Gardner, E. Seitelman, M. Whitney, S. Montgomery, and E. Mathiowitz, "Controlled Release of Plasmid DNA," J. of Controlled Releasee 47, 123-134, 1997.
19. E. Mathiowitz, J. Jacob, Y. Jong, G. Carino, D. Chickering, P. Chaturvedi, C. Santos, K. Vijayaraghavan, S. Montgomery, M. Bassett and C. Morrell, "Biologically Erodable Microspheres as Potential Oral Drug Delivery Systems," Nature 386, 410-414, 1997.
18. M. Kreitz, W. Webber, P.M.Galletti, and E. Mathiowitz, "Controlled Delivery of Therapeutics from Microporous Membranes I. Fabrication and Characterization of Microporous Polyurethane Membranes Containing Polymeric Microspheres," Biomaterials 18, 597-603, 1997.
17. Y. Jong, J. Jacob, K. Yip, G. Gardner, E. Seitelman, M. Whitney, S. Montgomery, and E. Mathiowitz, "Controlled Release of Plasmid DNA," J. Controlled Release, In press, 1997.
15. D. Chickering, J. Jacob and E. Mathiowitz, "Poly(Fumaric-co-Sebacic) Microspheres as Oral Drug Delivery Systems, "Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 52, 96-101, 1996.
16. K. Pekarek, M. Dyrud, K. Ferrer, Y. Jong, E. Mathiowitz, "In Vitro and In Vivo Degradation of Double-Walled Polymer Microspheres," J. Controlled Release, 40, 169-178, 1996.
14. D. Chickering, and E. Mathiowitz. "Bioadhesive microspheres: I. A Novel electrobalance-based method to study adhesive interactions between individual microspheres and intestinal mucosa," J. Controlled Release, 34, 251-261, 1995.
13. Pekarek, J. Jacob and E. Mathiowitz "Double-walled Microspheres for Controlled Drug Release," Nature, 367, 258-260, January 20, 1994.
12. E. Mathiowitz, J. Jacob, K. Pekarek and D. Chickering, "Morphological characterization of bioerodible polymers. 3. Characterization of the erosion and intact zones in polyanhydrides using scanning electron microscopy," Macromolecules, 26, 6756-6765, 1994.
11. E. Mathiowitz, M. Kreitz and K. Pekarek. "Morphological characterization of bioerodible polymers. 2. Characterization of polyanhydrides by FTIR," Macromolecules, 26, 6749-6755, 1994.
10. E. Edelman, E. Mathiowitz, R. Langer and M. Klagsbrum, "Controlled and modulated release of fibroblast growth factor," Biomaterials, 12, 619-626, 1991.
9. Staubli, E. Mathiowitz and R. Langer, "Sequence distribution and its effect on glass transition temperatures of poly(anhydride-co-imides) containing asymmetric monomers," Macromolecules, 24, 2291-2298, 1991.
7. E. Ron, E. Mathiowitz, G. Mathiowitz and R. Langer," NMR characterization of erodible copolymers." Macromolecules, 24, 2278-2282, 1991.
8. Staubli, E. Mathiowitz and R. Langer, "Characterization of hydrolytically degradable amino acid-containing poly(anhydride-co-imides)," Macromolecules, 24, 2283-2290, 1991.
6. E. Mathiowitz, E. Ron, G. Mathiowitz and R. Langer, "Morphological characterization of bioerodible polymers. I. Crystallinity of polyanhydride copolymers." Macromolecules. 23, 3212-3218, 1990.
5. E. Mathiowitz and M.D. Cohen, "Polyamide microcapsules for controlled release, V. Photochemical release," Journal of Membrane Science, 40, 67-86 (1989).
4. E. Mathiowitz and M.D. Cohen, "Polyamide microcapsules for controlled release, IV. Effects of swelling," Journal of Membrane Science, 40, 55-65 (1989).
3. E. Mathiowitz and M.D. Cohen, "Polyamide microcapsules for controlled release, III. Spontaneous release of azobenzene," Journal of Membrane Science, Vol. 40, 43-54. (1989).
2. E. Mathiowitz and M.D. Cohen, "Polyamide microcapsules for controlled release, II. Release characteristics of the microcapsules," Journal of Membrane Science, 40, 27-41 (1989).
1. E. Mathiowitz and M.D. Cohen, "Polyamide microcapsules for controlled release, I. Characterization of the membranes," Journal of Membrane Science, 40, 1-26 (1989).
21. K. Pekarek Leach, and E. Mathiowitz," Degradation of Double-walled Polymer Microspheres of PLLA and P(CPP:SA) 20:80.I.In vitro Degradation", Biomaterials, 19, 1973-1980, 1998
Jaklenec A, Mallet, V, Fu K, Lotan N, Langer R. Heparin - poly(lactic acid-co-glycolic acid) hybrid: a multifunctional biomaterial. J Biomed Mater Res, Part A..